Hefner, affectionately known as ‘Hef’+
, had an IQ of 152, regarded as ‘genius’ stage.
* It’s no surprise then that Hefner earned his level in an insignificant two-and-a-part years, as an alternative of the standard 4 years that it takes in the United States. The Playboy founder majored in psychology on the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
* Hefner studied for one semester in opposition to an MA level. During that point, he wrote a paper titled ‘Sex Behavior within the U.S. Law.’ He gained an ‘A’ grade for the analysis he did for the paper. That used to be then again marked all the way down to a ‘B+’ because the paper’s conclusions did not fulfill his manager.
* His mom, Grace, loaned him $1,000 to begin Playboy magazine.
* Playboy used to be introduced in November 1953, however the first factor did not print a e-newsletter date at the duvet as a result of Hefner wasn’t sure gross sales would enhance a 2nd version.
* Hefner began a different discounted subscription fee for Playboy for clergymen and church officers. The reason why? He sought after to inspire debate with those that criticised his magazine for its nude footage.
* In 1960, when racial segregation denied black Americans equivalent rights, Hefner began the primary Playboy Club in Chicago and introduced admission to other folks of all races.
* The well-known ‘Playboy Mansion’ used to be at first in Chicago, now not in Los Angeles. The Chicago space featured an underwater bar, which used to be out there best through a fireman’s pole.
holds the document because the longest-serving editor-in-leader in magazine historical past. He authorized each factor’s format whilst overdue as till April.
* Hefner used to be additionally the proud holder of a Guinness World Record – for proudly owning the arena’s biggest assortment of non-public scrapbooks.