The Federal Aviation Administration introduced new regulations for drone use around key US landmarks together with monuments and dams. Under the brand new restrictions, drones don’t seem to be to fly inside 400 toes of the designated landmarks. The FAA says those regulations have been applied on the request of the US safety and regulation enforcement companies.
These places are simply the newest to the rising record of the FAA’s no-fly zones which contains airports and airstrips, military bases, sports activities stadiums, and nationwide parks. Interestingly sufficient, part of the places on the newest record are dams, which presentations the FAA is taking a more potent stance towards drones around utilities as smartly. The restrictions might be efficient October five, 2017.
- Statue of Liberty National Monument, New York, NY
- Boston National Historical Park (U.S.S. Constitution), Boston, MA
- Independence National Historical Park, Philadelphia, PA
- Folsom Dam; Folsom, CA
- Glen Canyon Dam; Lake Powell, AZ
- Grand Coulee Dam; Grand Coulee, WA
- Hoover Dam; Boulder City, NV
- Jefferson National Expansion Memorial; St. Louis, MO
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial; Keystone, SD
- Shasta Dam; Shasta Lake, CA